Has your marriage run out of steam? Gone are the days when you would have loved to jump in the sack with your spouse and not beg to fall asleep? Here are some juicy tips on how to spice things up in the bedroom.
1. Set aside a time and place for it, like any other important aspect of your life. If you don’t, it will get lost in the daily grind.
2. Set the mood both emotionally and physically. Empty your mind and focus on the both of you; prepare physically by setting the mood in your room, clearing all clutter, and looking attractive for your partner.
3. Don’t steal from sex. Make sure there are no kids or phone calls or other sudden interruptions. Seal it off as your own time.
4. Change routines once in a while. Do it somewhere else, maybe on the couch after a nice movie together, or even in a hotel room away from it all.
5. Don’t kill it with kindness. If your partner’s breath or smell turns you off, tell him/her in a nice way for both your sake and take it as loving advice.
6. Set up a menu for sex on the days you decide to do it. For example, start with a massage, on to foreplay and maybe play out your fantasies together, or decide which toys you want to use for extra stimulation. Planning makes for anticipation.
7. Communicate, communicate, communicate! Discuss with each other how you would like to be touched, what turns you on, what you like about each other. Your partner is not a mind reader.
8. Try out different positions, which may lead you to surprising new sensations and pleasures.
9. Take natural or medical aphrodisiacs such as chocolate, oysters, or Viagra (on doctor’s advice, of course) if you really need it.
10. Take care of yourself through exercise and eat well. Take supplements if needed. Working out, even daily walks, is a mood booster and energises you for sex.