Serve this dessert with warm custard or ice cream to a party of six. Recipe by MARINA MUSTAFA.
Ingredients6 green apples; peeled,
cored and sliced
¾ cups fl our
½ cup each: butter,
sugar, brown sugar,
½ teaspoon each:
salt, nutmeg powder,
1. Preheat oven at 350°F. Butter the container and arrange apple slices at the base.
2. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon powder evenly over the apples.
3. In a large bowl, mix the flour, oats, salt, both the sugars, nutmeg and cinnamon powder well.
4. Rub butter into the dry until it resembles clumpy breadcrumbs.
5. Cover the apples evenly with the crumbs and bake for 30-40 minutes.