MALAYSIAN INSPIRED PESTO PRAWNS WITH PASTA
For the pesto
1 bunch Thai basil leaves (daun selasih)
1 bunch coriander root (daun ketumbar), reserve leaves for garnish
1 bunch spring onions
3 cloves garlic
2 long green chillies
¼ cup (60g) roasted peanuts
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp fish sauce
Zest and juice from 1 large lime
¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper
For the prawns
1kg prawns, peeled and deveined
Salt and pepper
Olive oil for cooking
1 packet of spaghetti, cooked and dried
Reserved coriander leaves for garnish
1. Place a pot of water on the stove to boil. Once the water is boiled, add in a generous pinch of salt. Cook the pasta as per packet instructions (around 9-10 minutes) until al dente.
2. To make the pesto, place all the ingredients into a high speed blender and blitz into a fine paste. Season to taste and set aside in a small bowl until needed.
3. Heat a medium sized pan on medium heat. Season the prawns and place into the pan and cook for approximately 1 min on each side. Remove prawns from pan and set aside.
4. Once the pasta is cooked, drain over a sieve and drizzle over some olive oil.
5. Place a tablespoon of olive oil into a large pan, add in 4 tablespoons of pesto into the pan, stir
and add in the cooked pasta and prawns and toss through.
6. Place onto a serving platter and garnish with extra coriander leaves.